Sunday, September 2, 2007

Carni people

How does one aspire to be in the category of "Carni Folk"? I have thought of this often, well whenever a carnival comes to town and I have to deal with "Carni Folk" well, today my son dealt with them. We went to the carnival after church today, OK, it was called a "State Fair"....it doesn't make the workers any less gross. Dave thought he would try and win the kids some cute toys that were over priced so he gave the man the money and began to throw the darts, 3 darts and popped 4 balloons. The prize was this cheez crap toy and he gave it to Viv telling Dave that if he wanted to throw more darts at $2 a pop he could get a better prize. Dave pointed out to the guy that he should actually have won 3 prizes since he popped all the balloons so the guy pulls out a set of dice for Jack....cool toy for a 2 year old right so Jack threw the dice at the man.....being a good mom I know I should have told him not to throw the toy at the man but under the circumstance I was proud of him. As he threw the toy at the man he demanded a dog. The man picked up the dice and handed them back to Jack with his response being I want the dog. We didn't have to pay anymore money, long story short Viv now has a dog and Jack loves his dice although his daddy stole them and has them displayed in his truck. These things happen

No comments: