Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Stone

I was in the ER yesterday for a kidney stone. If you've never had one be thankful........

I spent most of the day as Mimi must feeling the urge to go and dribbling. That is an annoying feeling. I walked down the mall to get water and was attacked by some version of cupid but instead of my heart it attacked my kidney, that was about 3:30. I called Karina to get her advice and while on the phone with her I went down hill....I was sick, sweating and according to Corinne I didn't look so good so I headed to Providence. I got to the ER a little after 4 and let Dave know where to find me (being that I was in Waco and he was in Temple). I called my angel, Erin to come and sit with me. She is my new Jewish Mother. (Thank you so much for taking care of me better than the nurses). I was finally put in a room around 4:55 and Dave got there about 5:15. I decided that it might be a good time to let Mom and Dad know what was going on so I asked Dave to call (he wanted to just send a message). I was taken for a CAT scan and told I had a kidney stone that was about 4mm. (I left out a few details) I was released about 7 something to go home to pass the dreaded stone and am still waiting.

Things you don't want to hear while in the hospital for kidney stone:
1. The person doing the catheter being told by another person how one is done.
2. Your eye shadow is really pretty, I don't care just stick in the IV.
3. You know the biggest reason you get a kidney stone is from COKE- that was from Dave
4. You need to be up and active to help pass this stone.
5. I had to get this strainer from the guy next door, he just passed his stone.


Erin-again, thank you so much for everything you did. I don't know how I can thank you enough.

No comments: