Sunday, August 31, 2008

Three and a half days to go....

I hate to say this but I have enjoyed the last 5 and a half weeks, does that make me sound bad? As you know Jackson has never been a "Pansy Ass Mom ma's Boy" (Brandon, that is what I called you....not a Mom ma's boy) he goes more for Daddy and Grandpa but he has come around. I am enjoying this. I will miss the nights of watching him sleep right next to me, his little snore and the way his body jumps as he realizes that Arf has left his side. I will also miss the belly laugh as I fall asleep, him feeling the need to cuddle my head as I try to fall asleep and the, "Momma, I really, really love you". I know I can go to his bed for all those things but we have really bonded and I fear once the cast is off he will no longer feel the need for Mommy.
I will however will not miss his morning wake up call at 5 asking for food and Scooby Doo. All of this will soon be replaced by my favorite sounds of his little feet pounding the hardwood floor on his way to get me out of bed, two giggles coming from the bathtub and singing his 5 songs together as I put him to bed and surround him by all the stuffed animals in his room. I thought the last few weeks would be hell on earth but it has turned out to be God's blessing, I get a Pansy Ass Mom ma's Boy......if only for a few weeks.

No comments: