Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Watch out Jefferson......


Welcome the Class of 2020.......

Last night was meet the teacher night at Jefferson Elementary, I don't know how to take this but we said this is Vivian and he said OHHHHH, OK. I could understand if maybe she had been at Jefferson before and this was 1st grade but she is just starting kindergarten.

The morning went pretty well, I'll add pictures later. We dropped Jack off and I started to cry but I didn't want to make her cry so we talked about the first day of school. We got to school, parked and walked into the cafeteria with a lot of other clueless children.....I was doing fine, she was doing fine. Mr. Cruz came in and lined up the kids, there are some kids that are OK, I just hope she enjoys talking to every ones belly buttons because they tower over her. The principal came in and did the pledges and then they started to leave for their classrooms. We had almost made it with no tears from Viv but then she started crying and I started crying, you know it's bad when a first grade teacher comes to comfort a parent. I know she will be fine, me on the other hand, I can't wait until 3.

3 comments:

joyfuljourney said...

Ooohhh, I know just how you feel! I teared up just reading this and your text message this morning! You would have been a lot better if she hadn't cried.

I know what you mean about 3:00. You'll wonder all day what she is doing, is everyone being nice, is she OK, is anyone annoyed with her fashion advice... Even though D is in 2nd grade, I couldn't wait for him to come home yesterday. I knew he had a blast, but I thought about him all day and I wanted to hear every detail! He thinks I'm just curious about the routine, the classmates, etc. But I'm really evaluating everything. Every detail about each kid registers in my mommy brain so I can figure out these kids. There are only 26 kids in his grade, so I know them all, but I still listen to every detail about their lives!

You are absolutely right...being a mom is HARD!

kacole said...

I was kind of thinking kindergarten looked good...today anyway. At least my boobs would be free for the day!

I am sure she will be fine. I hope Mr. Cruz was coordinated from head to toe in the latest fashion or he will get that look...the one that Sandra always gets...that top to bottom evaluation with the slightly disgusted look on her face. Come to think of it...maybe we should be worried about the other kids in her class.

ShelleyRo said...

Not the most fashion minded kids at Jefferson but Vivi had to wear leopard ballet flats with her dress and pink jacket so she has no room to make that face.